torsdag 1 mars 2012

o0o Colours of nature

Spring has finally arrived in Sweden and much of my time goes into taking care of the garden and especially the kitchen garden. I just love to grow organic and then being able to eat all these goodies all summer and hopefully all year around. Pesticide and GMO free JEI!

I've also started reading about colouring with plants and such and today I've started an experiment with lichens that I've picked from the ground in the forests nearby.
They are currently boiling at the stove and will do so for 2-3 hours. Then I'm suppose to put the washed wool yarn in and boil for another hour or more until the colour I want is there. And then I'll probably leave it there over night for extra durable and intense colour. 

I'm so exited and curious. Result will be shown tomorrow. Hopefully from now on I'll be working with my own plant died yarn. JEI!

Wish you all a great evening!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Please DO share you're thoughts // Ilahinoor